Fundamentals of Supervision Seattle, WA
Presented By:Non-Profit Staff Development Coalition
CEUs/Clock Hours:Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
Download Flyer (pdf)
9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Seattle, WA, 98144
map | directions
- Get onto Interstate-90
- Take the Rainier Avenue South exit
- At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rainier Avenue South
- Turn left onto South Massachusetts Street
- Turn right onto 24th Avenue South
- The building is several blocks down, just past South Hill Street
Coalition Member Organization:
$100 per participant [for 1-5 staff from member organization]
$90 per participant [6 or more staff from member organization]
$149 per participant
Lunch will be on your own.
This hands-on and highly interactive workshop helps participants understand the leadership and communication skills necessary to establish a collaborative relationship with employees and staff.
Additionally, the workshop will focus on learning to effectively delegate and coach others to successfully achieve work goals. The workshop format includes presentation of key leadership topics, discussion, “real-world” role-play activities, handouts and skill practice focused on providing staff members with effective feedback toward achieving work oriented goals.
This is an entry level supervisory skill development program, although the workshop is open to other “seasoned supervisors” who may not have had formal training in supervision of staff.
- Identify and understand the characteristics of effective leaders
- Learn effective communication methods that will inspire others, develop trust and build strong work relationships
- Understand the key steps for effective delegation & improved results
- Develop basic coaching skills for learning a new task or process, and for managing performance
- Understand the essentials of effective team leadership
- Identify factors needed to sustain commitment and encourage personal accountability
- Learn tools to effectively review key successes and provide ongoing coaching feedback
- Communicating clearly with volunteer staff
- Discover a framework to help guide effective team meetings