Delivering Effective Presentations with Purpose & Impact Seattle, WA
Trainer:Yvonne Freitas McGookin
Presented By:Non-Profit Staff Development Coalition
CEUs/Clock Hours:Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
Download Flyer (pdf)
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Seattle, WA, 98144
map | directions
- Get onto Interstate-90
- Take the Rainier Avenue South exit
- At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rainier Avenue South
- Turn left onto South Massachusetts Street
- Turn right onto 24th Avenue South
- The building is several blocks down, just past South Hill Street
Coalition Member Organization:
$100 per participant [for 1-5 staff from member organization]
$90 per participant [6 or more staff from member organization]
$149 per participant
Lunch will be on your own.
Delivering effective presentations requires purpose, preparation and practice. By clarifying the purpose of your presentation, you gain the clarity you need to design an impactful experience for your audience. Whether you are presenting to a large group or small one, preparing for anticipated questions and concerns helps you to stay composed and on-track with any audience at any time. With tools, like PowerPoint and Prezi, to enhance your presentation (not drive it), you keep your audience visually stimulated and engaged.
During this interactive workshop, participants have an opportunity to learn and apply techniques for designing and delivering purposeful and impactful presentations. Please bring an example of a topic that you would like to work with.
- Become familiar with the key elements of an effective presentation
- Understand how a clear purpose drives the design of an effective presentation
- Identify techniques for engaging the audience – considering different learning styles
- Recognize the value of preparing for audience questions and concerns in advance
- Explore methods for using tools like PowerPoint or Prezi to enhance a presentation
- Consider and prepare for logistical needs
- Practice designing and delivering a presentation