Creating a Civil & Bully-Free Workplace Seattle, WA
Presented By:Non-Profit Staff Development Coalition
CEUs/Clock Hours:Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
Download Flyer (pdf)
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Seattle, WA, 98144
map | directions
- Get onto Interstate-90
- Take the Rainier Avenue South exit
- At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rainier Avenue South
- Turn left onto South Massachusetts Street
- Turn right onto 24th Avenue South
- The building is several blocks down, just past South Hill Street
Coalition Member Organization:
$100 per participant [for 1-5 staff from member organization]
$90 per participant [6 or more staff from member organization]
$149 per participant
Lunch will be on your own.
A recent U.S. study estimates 1 in 5 American workers has experienced destructive bullying in the past year.
Workplace incivility can be defined as a rude or discourteous act, and/or the practice of behaviors that undermine the credibility and productivity of others. Repeated incidents of workplace harassment and bullying create and enforce an imbalance of power within the workplace. Recent research indicates bullied employees spend between 10% and 52% of their time at work worrying about how they are being treated. These employees spend time defending themselves and networking for support, thinking about the situation, experiencing de-motivation and stress, and often end up taking sick leave due to stress-related illnesses.
Creating a Civil & Bully-Free Workplace training is a comprehensive training designed to foster understanding, meaning, and clarity as well as the legal ramifications regarding the topics of workplace incivility, bullying, and violence. Participants will learn about the causes of, and damaging effects of, negative workplace behaviors and actions; and also powerful tools, tips and techniques to confront and address these behaviors, confidently combat workplace incivility and bullying, and apply immediately to plan for and build a respectful, safe and accountable culture at work.
- Define and identify examples, effects, and consequences of workplace incivility and bullying
- Identify, address and combat workplace gossip and cyber-bullying
- Define the motivators of workplace incivility and bullying
- Identify 4 steps to combat workplace incivility and bullying
- Identify 6 steps to build a civil workplace culture
- Identify policies and procedures to effectively address workplace incivility and bullying