Mental Health Seattle, WA
Trainer:Jonathan R. Beard, LICSW, CPRP
Presented By:Non-Profit Staff Development Coalition
CEUs/Clock Hours:Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
Download Flyer (pdf)
8:59 am to 4:29 pm
Seattle, WA, 98144
map | directions
- Get onto Interstate-90
- Take the Rainier Avenue South exit
- At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rainier Avenue South
- Turn left onto South Massachusetts Street
- Turn right onto 24th Avenue South
- The building is several blocks down, just past South Hill Street
Coalition Member Organization:
$100 per participant [for 1-5 staff from member organization]
$90 per participant [6 or more staff from member organization]
$149 per participant
Lunch will be on your own.
This workshop has been designed for frontline staff, case managers and counselors who are either new to their roles or as a refresher to those who already hold these positions, and supervisory staff.
This full day interactive training is designed to increase the practical and theoretical knowledge of mental health issues. The training emphasizes the development of knowledge and skills for appropriate, effective services delivery within the framework of mutual responsibility, accountability, respect and outstanding customer services.
- Describe the major characteristics of mental health disorders common to adults and children
- Understand the impact of mental health disorders on functioning
- Identify common screening tools and techniques for assessing mental disorders
- Understand a basic crisis intervention assessment process
- Identify and utilize the major domains of “recovery” in serving those with mental disorders
- List the basic steps in making a mental health services referral