POWERFUL FEEDBACK and CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Skills to increase communication, engagement & resolution Seattle, WA
Trainer:Anh Vo, M.A.
Presented By:Non-Profit Staff Development Coalition (NPSDC)
CEUs/Clock Hours:Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
Download Flyer (pdf)
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Seattle, WA, 98144
map | directions
- Get onto Interstate-90
- Take the Rainier Avenue South exit
- At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rainier Avenue South
- Turn left onto South Massachusetts Street
- Turn right onto 24th Avenue South
- The building is several blocks down, just past South Hill Street
NPSDC Member Organization:
$100 per participant (for 1 -5 staff from member organization)
$90 per participant (for 6 or more staff from member organization)
$149 per participant
In this workshop we will identify conflict management behavioral styles to help de-escalate situations and invite understanding. Discuss how to recognize communication gaps to ensure everyone is heard and understood so that intent and impact are congruent.
Since we all encounter some type of conflict in our work life; it is important to learn the different conflict management styles, the pros and cons of each style, and more importantly, how to approach others when in conflict. What are the tools and words to use that will help you to resolve the conflicts and potential triggers that will shut the conversation down. We will identify strategies and approaches, ways to communicate, and how to use feedback to help navigate conflict resolution.
We will also learn an easy to follow feedback model that will help you give and receive feedback to better communicate with team members, co-workers, direct reports or leadership, and manage the performance and results you want to achieve. Using this model alleviates the need to be defensive and de-escalate conflict while allowing for all parties to be accountable for their actions.
- Identify conflict management behavioral styles to help de-escalate situations and invite understanding.
- Learn the different approaches and ways to communicate for the differing conflict management styles.
- Identify self-management techniques while engaging in conflict/difficult conversation
- Learn the principles and objectives of feedback
- Identify the characteristics of effective feedback
- Awareness of self-management and self-soothing tools during feedback conversations
- Practice the model for giving and receiving feedback with case scenarios