Help! I’m Invisible - UNDERSTANDING INVISIBLE DISABILITIES Seattle, WA
Presented By:Non Profit Staff Development Coalition (NPSDC)
CEUs/Clock Hours:Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
Download Flyer (pdf)
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Seattle, WA, 98144
map | directions
- Get onto Interstate-90
- Take the Rainier Avenue South exit
- At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rainier Avenue South
- Turn left onto South Massachusetts Street
- Turn right onto 24th Avenue South
- The building is several blocks down, just past South Hill Street
NPSDC Member organization:
$100 per participant (for 1-5 staff from member organization)
$90 per participant (for 6 or more staff from member organization)
$149 per participant
Challenge your thinking about invisible disabilities. This workshop is designed to provide participants with knowledge and guidance on the impact of invisible disabilities in their workplace. The discussion will include information on the prevalence and cost of invisible disabilities, disability etiquette, and techniques to encourage individuals to disclosure their invisible disabilities. Participants will understand their own attitudes about invisible disabilities, and how to promote acceptance of invisible disabilities in their own workplace.
- Workshop Objectives:
- The workshop will include information on the prevalence and cost of invisible disabilities in the United State workforce.
- The workshop will provide real-life examples of people with invisible disabilities discussing their impact on their work.
- The workshop will provide suggestions for ways participants can reduce barriers to disclosure for individuals with invisible disabilities.
- Participants will have the opportunity to discuss how their organization deals with invisible disabilities.
- Practical examples of simple, yet effective, affirmative actions will be provided for participants to begin implementing when they return to their workplace.
- A resource list will be provided for participants to use as needed for situations not discussd in the workshop.
- Understand the prevalence of invisible disabilities, as well as the impact on employee engagement, productivity, and the organization's bottomline.
- Know how to assess their organization's practices for accessiblity for employees with and without disabilities.
- Understand how to use available resources related to invisible disabilities.