Communication and Learning Style Seattle, WA
Presented By:Non-Profit Staff Development Coalition
CEUs/Clock Hours:Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
Download Flyer (pdf)
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Seattle, WA, 98144
map | directions
- Get onto Interstate-90
- Take the Rainier Avenue South exit
- At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rainier Avenue South
- Turn left onto South Massachusetts Street
- Turn right onto 24th Avenue South
- The building is several blocks down, just past South Hill Street
Coalition Member Organization:
$100 per participant [for 1-5 staff from member organization]
$90 per participant [6 or more staff from member organization]
$149 per participant
Lunch will be on your own.
Each of us has a way of communicating that we find comfortable. However, it may be ineffective when interacting with individuals who have a different way of communicating. For example, explaining something in detail to a person who doesn’t like details can be problematic. Giving a rough outline to someone who needs details is equally ineffective.
Communication is related to learning style. How we learn can affect how we communicate.
In this interactive workshop, participants will:
- Become familiar with more than a dozen learning styles
- Understand how learning styles affect communication
- Complete and discuss learning style assessments
- Become familiar with their own learning styles
- Learn to communicate with individuals who have different learning styles
- Identify and discuss a variety of learning styles
- Describe your learning style and how it affects your communication with others
- Describe how you can use learning styles to improve communication with clients or customers, co-workers and staff
- Apply learning style information to at least one situation you are currently dealing with at work