LEAN Fundamentals: Creating a Culture of Continuous Process Improvement Seattle, WA
Presented By:Non-Profit Staff Development Coalition
CEUs/Clock Hours:Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
Download Flyer (pdf)
9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Seattle, WA, 98144
map | directions
- Get onto Interstate-90
- Take the Rainier Avenue South exit
- At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rainier Avenue South
- Turn left onto South Massachusetts Street
- Turn right onto 24th Avenue South
- The building is several blocks down, just past South Hill Street
Coalition Member Organization:
$100 per participant [for 1-5 staff from member organization]
$90 per participant [6 or more staff from member organization]
$149 per participant
Lunch will be on your own.
Learn what’s possible with LEAN! Senior leaders, managers, frontline staff and others in direct service or administrative settings will learn how to build a framework to successfully drive process improvements, recognize operational issues in real time, and inspire accountability.
Lean is a principle-based organizational philosophy and approach that engages staff and leaders to focus on their processes in order to maximize the impact they create from the customer’s perspective.
Key Lean concepts covered:
- Standard Work
- Visual Management
- 5S & Workplace Organization
- Continuous Flow
- Pull Systems
- Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle
Learn how to assess for Waste and Value in processes; determine which Lean concept(s) can be applied to address Waste; design simple experiments following the PDCA methodology and evaluate opportunities to apply Lean thinking in your organization.
Participants will build observation skills through in-class experiences, demonstrate a basic ability to apply process improvement tools and methods to a process, and describe the importance of thinking and acting in a lean framework. You will leave with a foundational knowledge of Lean that will forever change how you view and manage your programs, processes and operations.
- Learn foundational concepts & tools and understand how they fit together under an organizational philosophy designed to continuously improve programs & services
- Experience an overall approach for initiating a Lean transformation
- Gain insight into the Lean Management philosophy and methods, as well as the organizational structure required for implementing Lean in your organization
This workshop has been designed for all staff levels.