Bridging Generational Differences in the Workplace Seattle, WA
Trainer:Anh Vo, M.A.
Presented By:Non-Profit Staff Development Coalition
CEUs/Clock Hours:Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
Download Flyer (pdf)
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Seattle, WA, 98144
map | directions
- Get onto Interstate-90
- Take the Rainier Avenue South exit
- At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rainier Avenue South
- Turn left onto South Massachusetts Street
- Turn right onto 24th Avenue South
- The building is several blocks down, just past South Hill Street
Coalition Member Organization:
$100 per participant [for 1-5 staff from member organization]
$90 per participant [6 or more staff from member organization]
$149 per participant
Lunch will be on your own.
In the current economy, organizations are increasingly supporting a multi-generational work force. Baby boomers have to work longer than the generation before them. More millennials are entering the work force, while Gen X’ers are stuck in the middle with the “grey ceiling”; and all having to get along and collaborate with each other. Especially in non-profits, your paid and volunteer staff can span the array of generations and where the age hierarchy can bump against the authority hierarchy.
What do you need to know to build collaborative relationships and create an atmosphere where all these members from different generations with differing values and ways to communicate come together and perform at their best?
Awareness of how generational differences impact your work environment will allow you to better communicate and collaborate with fellow workers and volunteer, as well as design more intentional interventions and services for your clients.
- Learn the main characteristics of each generation
- Learn what each generation values
- Increase awareness of the unique struggles of each generation
- Identify language to communicate effectively
- Identify tools for communicating within the generations
- Develop strategies on how to collaborate and work with those from different generations