Courageous Collaboration: Building & Shaping Resilient Communities & Partnerships Seattle, WA
Presented By:Non-Profit Staff Development Coalition
CEUs/Clock Hours:Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
Download Flyer (pdf)
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Seattle, WA, 98144
map | directions
- Get onto Interstate-90
- Take the Rainier Avenue South exit
- At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rainier Avenue South
- Turn left onto South Massachusetts Street
- Turn right onto 24th Avenue South
- The building is several blocks down, just past South Hill Street
Coalition Member Organization:
$100 per participant [for 1-5 staff from member organization]
$90 per participant [6 or more staff from member organization]
$149 per participant
Lunch will be on your own.
In this interactive, experiential workshop, you will explore and learn an innovative approach to building collaborative partnerships and community projects. You will receive practical tools for breaking complex processes into simple and accessible steps.
You will be introduced to the Pomegranate Center Model which is transparent and integrated; where teamwork and collaboration are also essential ingredients and by which potentially explosive situations can be turned into productive processes with lasting results.
Together we will practice collective creativity by inviting many viewpoints; explore the principle that together we know more- no one person (expert, novice, or otherwise) should stand alone; blend various skills and expertise creating a reinforced network of solutions; inspire participants to imagine new solutions that are good for the whole community; combine deep listening with creative thinking so all ideas have potential to become innovative solutions.
This workshop has been designed for all staff interested in or engaged in collaborative practices within the organization and/or between external partners.
- Discover community engagement approaches, methodologies, and tools
- Collaborate more effectively with others
- Gain the skills needed to run meetings in an innovative, inclusive and engaging format
- Learn the importance of facilitation
- Experience a clear project background presentation that will allow you to contribute your best ideas
- Share viewpoints to enriches projects and interject a level of ownership that would otherwise be absent
- Learn specific ground rules for meetings to increase creativity and reduce negativity domination by the few
- Clearly understand the Pomegranate Center model for community engagement and collaboration
- Practice key concepts of the model and work in small and large groups to explore techniques and build ‘muscle-memory’
- Network with professionals from all walks of life and a wide variety of fields exploring how to engage others and collaborate effectively
- Perhaps most importantly, participants will learn how to make the process collaborative and joyful